Thursday, October 16, 2008

Age of the Sentry Issue #2



I posted earlier about a 10 page story I drew for Marvel's Age of the Sentry comic, and now that it's on the stands, I thought I'd post a couple pages of artwork from it. So here it is in good old black and white, free of word balloons or colour! If you're stopping by your local comic shop this week (they still have comic shops, right?) go check it out on the racks for yourself. It features a ton of guest stars from the glorious silver age of Marvel Comics, including many of my all-time favourite superheroes. And if you buy it, I recommend reading it while munching on some vintage hostess cupcakes...er...actually, maybe not. Those cakes are probably like, really moldy by now.

13 comments:

Dan C said...

Wow, Mike, these are some amazing pages. Love that first panel on page 1 especially. You must have felt like a kid in a candy store while working on this...

Fantastic stuff. Can't wait to read the story!

Dan

Rich Dannys said...

Looks great, Mike.. Must've been a real blast to do!

thedave said...

Yeah man! They really look great...can't wait for the X-MEN gig!

Bobby Nash said...

Very cool. Congratulations.

Bobby

fireboy said...

Your work on the Sentry was super cool! Love this Silver-Agey stuff. But the current age Sentry moment was freaky and cool, too.

Keep up the great work!

Michael Cho said...

Dan: thanks, buddy. Yeah, it was like fanboy heaven drawing this story. I pretty much drew all the guest stars from memory -- no reference needed. That's how much of a 60's marvel geek I am.

Rich: thanks, Rich. Hope you're keeping well.

theDave: thanks, Dave.

Bobby Nash: thanks, Bobby.

Fireboy: Thanks for checking out the comic -- glad it met with your approval.

alan said...

Why aren't more comics drawn like this anymore?? Great pages!

jason quinones said...

dynamic work dude!

Skylark- said...

Very cool stuff - Kirby... Wood... 1964... a Marvel Pop Art Production...

Ben said...

Yeah dude, that story was super fun! X-Men First class was wicked, too. I'm enjoying seeing you skimming the mainstream, dipping in where it's still fun.

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

Now here I go in my own blog saying how I wish you would do a Marvel or DC comic and HERE YOU DID IT and I totally missed that is was you doing the AGE OF SENTRY. Much apologies and now that I have found them I feel justified in my opinion that your retro style is just perfect. Any chance you can convince the higher ups to let you do this years AGENTS OF ATLAS annual #1? That would make the fanboy in me squeel like a fangirl.

Michael Cho said...

Thanks, everyone. Its always fun to work on 60's marvel characters.

Calvin: yeah, I'd love to do anything that Jeff Parker writes -- he's a fun guy and talented to boot. I've also done some inking on a new frontier special w/ Cooke, Bone and Bullock.

DAM said...

i need to say i just loved the game!

and your art is genious!

dam