Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My favourite superheroes Pt. 1



I've been working on drawing some super-hero pictures lately, mostly in a two-colour style. I'm making my way through my childhood list of "favourite super-heroes" and I'll post some of the pictures here from time to time.

First up, the Invincible Iron Man!

Iron Man was hands-down my favourite hero when I was a kid. I think its because I was a fan of giant-robots when I lived in Korea and Iron Man was the closest western equivalent in comics at the time (don't get me started about Shogun Warriors, people). The first comic I ever picked up off the racks was an Iron Man comic -- and it was cool.

Anyway, this drawing is a tighter version of the rough that's on my other blog, exclusively devoted to Iron Man sketches (see --I told you he was my favourite hero!).

9 comments:

z0mbi said...

Awesome iron man! I love this minimal palette marker stuff you do.

sailu said...

I just discovered your blog through Fran's.
I am amazed by your sketches.Simply awesome.Great work!

Dominic Bugatto said...

You're on a roll these days. Nice!

Carlos V. said...

I wonder what it is exactly that Ironman is staring at in this picture. I love it Michael! In my mind Ironman is always in flight about to kick some villain butt. Can't wait to see the rest.

Diana said...

I love this! I hope you'll be selling some of your two-tone stuff tonight at the Speakeasy!

Nick Iannitti said...

You truly are unstoppable with your art, huh?

Very nice.

Mike Thompson said...

Thanks for posting it, Michael! Looks great!

m cho said...

Thanks, everyone!

Lee-Roy said...

Hey! Great idea! Love the style here. When you abstract them all in this way, and with the context of understanding these are your favorite childhood characters, it becomes all the more personal. Fun fun.