Monday, April 03, 2006

Time to get out of the studio!

Well, its spring and that means its time to get outside. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd take the time to mention an appearance I'll be making at the upcoming SpeakEasy Annual Comic Book Show here in downtown Toronto. It promises to be a fun event and I'll be there, with my wife Claudia, to exhibit some recent drawings and comic art and talk with comic art and illustration fans. I'll also have copies of some of the various mini-comics I've made over the years to sell and give away.

Now you may be wondering why I'd be participating in something like this when I'm usually a very anti-social misfit. The answer is simple -- its 'cause they put my table nearest the bar! But seriously, if you're in the area, I hope you'll come and drop by. There's a good lineup of very talented local artists who will be showing their work -- don't take my word for it: check out the info below!

SpeakEasy's Annual Comic Book Show

Time & Space:
Thursday April 6th, 8pm-Midnight
The Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen West
Toronto, Ontario

Featured Artists
Kean Soo
Jeff Lemire
Zach Worton
Brian McLachlan
Attila Adorjany
J. Bone
Michael Cho
Diana Tamblyn
Ramón Pérez and Rob Coughler
Eric Kim
Scott Hepburn
Willow Dawson

More Info
http://www.speakeasyTO.com

P.S. Below is the image I sent the organizers as my promotional piece for the show.