Monday, May 14, 2007

Supergirl



I actually don't have much interest in Supergirl as a comic-book character, but after seeing all the excellent redesigns of her that other artists have posted on the drawingboard.org, I thought I'd doodle up one my own. I drew up and painted this one fairly quickly, so its a bit looser and sketchier than some of my other two-tone paintings. And thinking about it, I really don't think its so much a painting of Supergirl as it is a of a girl wearing a Supergirl outfit -- at least, that's how I saw it my head while I was working on it.

In keeping with some of my other posts lately, you can compare the final marker painting to my original pencil rough below. Personally, I think the pencil drawing was a bit more successful than the painting but, hey -- you can't win 'em all!